Attention Monterey County Nonprofits
Monterey County Gives! launches November 10th, 2022.
The RFP for 2022 is now closed.
-The MCGives! Team
We envision a community that has achieved climate justice so all people in the Pajaro Valley can live in harmony with the natural world.
As the climate changes, we help our community adapt and flourish.
What We Do:
• advocate for a fair economy
• plan for a healthy ecosystem
• guide our community to a sustainable way of life
Our Big Idea: serve as a unique climate+justice collaborator convening community partners to center equity in local response to our changing climate.
Project Description for your BIG IDEA?
To make sure equity is centered in climate response we:
• Discover and elevate stories of how climate change is impacting our agricultural community.
• Grow new, young environmental justice champions, amplifying their voices, actions, and leadership.
• Inform local strategies and policies addressing climate change.
• Educate and empower actions to reduce GHG emissions.
• Partner with local governments and other justice organizations to support health and well-being of all now and into the future.
As a High School student, being part of the founding team for Regeneracion was a life changing experience. I recognized how my ideas can turn into a reality and having that safe space and trust can really have an impact for a young person like me. I became the main organizer for Healthy Children for a Healthy Planet, a resource fair in my apartment complex, so farm-working families like mine can also learn about the environment and be involved as a community. I wanted to become an educated leader for my family and my community, so I continued my education and obtained a B.S. in Conservation and Resources Studies from UC Berkeley. Now that I’m back home working full time for Regeneracion I feel so lucky. I hope to bring trust and space for other youth and families so they see the power that as a community we hold.
- María Pérez